Monday, March 20, 2017

"Are you homesick yet?"

Ted.  I was asked this question seven weeks into our four-month trip and the honest answer right now is, “Not really.” Through the wonders of technology, I feel that we stay in close touch with family and friends. 

We were able to email condolences to a friend immediately after she lost a loved one. We spoke with my sister on a significant birthday and have used FaceTime regularly to see our kids and their families.

I can follow my sports teams, local Atlanta news and world events just as I did before, on websites. Known to Judy as “He Who Hath No Facebook” I am still enlightened by the little pearls she gleans from her page.


It will naturally be good to see everyone in person when we get back to the US but for now at least, we get by just fine with our digital connections. Sure, traveling non-stop has some disadvantages but my goodness – it does make so many things possible! 

FYI, we are on the island of Borneo right now, in the Malaysian state of Sabah. After five days here, we will spend a week in Indonesia and then fly to southern Africa for a month. Let us know if you, or any friends or family will be there in April. We love meet-ups!  And as a reminder, if you ever want to know where we are at the moment, just go to the home page of our blog and click on the button that says "Where Are We Now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment