Friday, September 6, 2024

Remembering Copenhagen

Ted. I guess I was a bit surprised just how much I enjoyed Copenhagen as we hadn’t done much research on the place. I saw good flight connections from Reykjavík to Copenhagen and then recalled that it was my Mom’s favorite city in Europe. Once the decision was made, I told my Dad, who was pleased for us as he had fond memories of drinking beer in Tivoli Gardens. 

One sunny day we toured downtown with a gracious Servas host named Mona who had lived all her life in the heart of the city. She showed us the major spots and paid for our admission to the Design Museum where we had a lovely lunch.

Judy & Mona

Amalienborg Palace & Frederiks Kirke

Royal Opera House

Nyhavn

Hans Christian Anderson

Another mandatory stop was Tivoli. 



Toasting my parents at Tivoli

Will we ever return? Who knows. Would we recommend a visit there? You bet!



No comments:

Post a Comment